Wednesday, November 5

Stampin Up Artisan Blog Hop- Fancy Tags

So like I said last week this new box of toys has been tempting me for a couple weeks & one of the things I really couldn't wait to open was the wrapping paper rolls! They are like giant rolls of DSP & if there's one thing I LOOOOVVE it's DSP! Ok anyway lets get back to the project I created for you today...


 Fun, right?! And the best part- because the paper is thinner than cardstock you can run quite a few sheets through the Big Shot at a time! I was even lazy about it & instead of cutting the pieces perfectly I just tore off a section of the paper & just folded it multiple times to fit the die. Worked perfectly! Now I have a fun stack of these shapes ready to be embellished!


To bring even more texture to the tags I cut a thin strip of canvas to layer behind the sentiment & it looks pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself.


The wrapping paper also punches nicely- all I did was fold it in half to make it a little sturdier.
These will be fun to make in to all kinds of things, cards, banners, or just clip them to a gift bag or gift card envelope and be done!
 
Ok time to go visit the super talented Sarah Sagert-
 
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sarahsagert/blog?directBlogUrl=%2Fblog%2F2027389%2Fentry%2Fstampin_up_artisan_blog_hop11
 

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE these tags! I just may be making me some! I have been lost as to what to do with my tag kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! I am loving the gift card idea also its like double the goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These projects speak straight to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the tags!!! the layers, the texture, the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Who wouldn't be excited when they saw these beauties?! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your style, Mercedes - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mercedes, I am a big fan of you and especially your Artisanprojects. You make this team richer <3
    Greetings from Germany
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tags. I will be making some for my gift tags. thank-you ofr sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tags! Love all the layers and embellishments. Looks so luxurious and expensive. Whoever gets these tags if going to feel very special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic creations as always - I really love the layering and the use of the Party Pennants die to make ornaments or tags is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Its much appreciated!